The Bones of Valhalla is Officially on Sale

Yes, it’s out. So go grab a copy, if you’re so inclined. If not, I’m sure there’s something good on TV, though to be honest I haven’t actually turned my TV on in, oh, about 3 weeks (I kid you not), so I could be very wrong about there being something good on. In other news, I’m cancelling my DISH account.

Here’s the link to Amazon: http://amzn.to/2ak9HD7

For those of you who still endorse the slaughter of innocent trees (boo! hiss!), the paperback version should be out shortly. Hopefully by the end of this week, but that could very well just be me with my Captain Optimism hat on.

THE BONES OF VALHALLA by Sam Sisavath

Comments (18)

1. Becky August 4, 2016 at 9:28 am

I just finished The Bones of Valhalla and Sam, you made me cry! This was such a good book and such a great ending to the best series I’ve ever read. Thank you so much for writing it. I can’t wait until the next story comes out.

2. Marsha Patty August 4, 2016 at 6:11 pm

You lied. You said there was a plan. I loved the book, but hated that a special character didn’t make it.

3. Maryann August 4, 2016 at 8:25 pm

I’m heart-broken my main character didn’t make it; I cried. This was the wrong ending for this series. I love your books but I’m so disappointed by the ending. Reading 9 books and it ends this way??

4. Jennifer Masse August 5, 2016 at 9:51 am

I’m not sure why people are surprised and disappointed by the ending. I never really expected it to end any other way. There was never any chance that character could have made it. And we knew that several books ago.
    I thought it was GREAT! Though I was hoping for more of a resolution for Gaby and Nate and others. But I’m hoping that will come in future stories.
    Thank you for creating such an amazing universe to take me out of this one for a little bit. PLEASE keep em coming!

5. Sue August 7, 2016 at 9:27 am

Amazing sort-of ending to a great series! You exceeded my expectations once again. Bravo!

6. Adam August 7, 2016 at 11:03 pm

It ended the way it had to end. You’ve produced one of my favourite genre series of the last few years, and I also hope as you do that there will be many more stories in this universe.

Excellent work, and thank you for writing a story that ended the way it should have, and not the way disney would have written it. Not every one can have a happy ending.

7. Gary August 8, 2016 at 5:57 pm

Great end to an epic series, but one question remains for me, just what was Mabry? An origin story would be a fantastic addendum.

8. John Brooks August 11, 2016 at 5:47 pm

Absolutely fantastic series and one I was hooked on from the beginning. I will definitely re-read them and every character stood on their own merits. The balance of humour and tragedy was perfect. Keep up the good work and I am keen to read more Purge based stories

9. Claire August 18, 2016 at 4:14 pm

I always thought that would be the way it had to end although I kept hoping I’d be surprised and there would be some wonderful plan z that meant it could all work out nicely but there I am being Captain Optimism. I would honestly like to thank you for such an amazing series. I’ve haven’t read any other book series that so perfectly captures the pure experience of characters, especially during the fight scenes, and makes you feel like you are right there with them. I’ll look forward to reading the other stories from this universe and do hope they include updates on the people we know and love. You know you’re going to have to settle the score with Mason right…

10. Diana October 1, 2016 at 12:23 pm

I loved the series and devoured it obsessively once I discovered it. I always feel an apocalypse shouldn’t take its self so seriously. After all, humanity can’t survive without humor. If the story is grim and gloomy for the human race, why would I want to know about it? The character developments and subsequent relationships in this series were fantastic. I was totally immersed in their lives and invested in their futures. Which brings me to my one big disappointment. I still feel confused and lost as my favorite characters, Lara, Danny and Will must feel. I feel there was more needed for the “Captain Optimism” closure. Too many hanging threads…. After all, although every moment of their lives is a struggle they never did lose their optimism. Why should we? I don’t want the Disney ending but I do want the “Captain Optimism” ending. Call me naive.

• Sam March 9, 2017 at 12:12 pm

Hi Diana, sorry for the late reply! Yes, it was difficult giving everyone an ending they deserved. The only way to do that would have been to devote another chapter (or extra chapters) to the end of the book, and I considered that but it felt too much like tacking on, and I kept remembering how The Return of the King just kept going and going and going…

11. Heather March 9, 2017 at 10:21 am

I finally got around to reading The Bones of Valhalla. This book came out two days after the birth of my first child so she slowed down my reading days just a little bit. Anyway, as with the rest of the series I thoroughly enjoyed this book but was of course sad to see it end. Great conclusion and really the only conclusion it could have come to. I am a romantic but I would have been disappointed had you made everyone get what they wanted in the end. That’s not realistic (even in a ghoul infested world). I really extremely hope we get to see the characters in some others stories so we can get some closure on what happens to them. Specifically Keo because he was one of my favorites. Thanks so much for your stories. Now on to Mason’s War and then on to Hunter Prey in between mommy business.

• Sam March 9, 2017 at 12:10 pm

Hi there, Heather. Thanks very much for sticking with me, but more importantly, congrats on the new addition to the family!

12. Steven August 5, 2017 at 9:00 am

Why is there no audio version of this last book of a great series?