About/Contact Info

Hello there, and welcome to RoadtoBabylon.com, official website of the Babylon and Allie Krycek book series and whatever other nonsense I can come up with and try to hawk to the general masses other awesome stories.

If you would like to shoot me an email about something, you can do so at sam (at) roadtobabylon.com. Remove the “(at)” and replace it with an “@” (minus the quotes). I welcome all emails and do my best to answer each and every one. The operative word here being try. Unfortunately I don’t always succeed for a variety of reasons, limited time and a lifelong battle with being easily distracted being two.

You can use this blog to stay up to date on major announcements and releases, but if you’d like more daily updates from me on upcoming projects, writing progress, and other dumb and sometimes random musings brilliant insights, you can visit my official author Facebook page. Note: While I do have a personal Facebook account, it’s not listed under my name. I’ve since discovered there are a few “Sam Sisavaths” on Facebook. Sigh. And here I thought my name was so unique.

If you’re not the social/Facebook/blog-visitin’ type and just want the occasional email updates when I release a new book or make a major announcement, you can sign up for my newsletter by adding your email to the form below. I promise I won’t spam you with an email every day or every week. Heck, you’ll be lucky if I bother to send you an email once a month. Pretty soon, you’ll be complaining I don’t send enough newsletter emails.

Seriously, sign up. It’s free.

Logo-Only-Black-01

Comments (126)

1. joy fuentes-andrada February 9, 2014 at 11:56 pm

Hi Sam,

G’Day from Melbourne!I have just picked up The Purge of Babylon and I have to say this is one of the best books I have read so far this year! Great story line and I love all the characters. It is so well written I feel like I am there with Will and Lara and the rest of them! I read it at night with the blinds drawn and the blankets up icnase there are ghouls running around! hehehe!

I have already got The Gates of Byzantium and cannot wait for read it next!

Anyway, thank you for the great read and best of luck with The Stones of Angkor!

Joy

• Sam February 10, 2014 at 12:12 am

Thank you so much, Joy! Hope you enjoy Gates!

• Ann Tkatch May 18, 2014 at 1:02 am

I Love The Babylon Series! When I first wrote to you months ago commenting on the first book in the series and saying “your up there with Stephen King” and I must confess you have surpassed him!!! You are an amazing writer! With that said……would you please send me Autographed copies of all your books? Let me know how much $$$ for the books, time and shipping costs and I will do that ASAP! Figured I better get on this now before your books become a major movie production …. and count my words Sam….. they will! You have great things coming your way!

So as a Mom of 3 wonderful adult kids I want to remind you to always be there for your Momma. No one can ever Love and support you more unconditionally!
      For some reason I felt the need to share that! Go figure!

Ann

• Megan Roussel June 22, 2014 at 2:28 pm

I just found The Purge of Babylon on Kindle and I am in full speed read mode! I generally read when I am on the treadmill and thanks to you I am staying in shape easily because I don’t want to stop. I read a lot and I am going to share this book with as many people as I can. I just got the #2 book in the series and I have a hard time putting it down. There are few books that I read that are “movies” in my head but this series is tops. I hope it hits the big screens or develops into a series on a channel like AMC . Your character development is great!

Can’t wait for more:)

Megan

2. Heather Heinzeroth February 15, 2014 at 4:45 pm

Sam:

I am amazed that you have only published two books; if you told me that you had been writing under a pseudonym for decades I wouldn’t be surprised. You are an excellent writer, and trust me when I say, that phrase doesn’t escape my mouth (or in this case my fingers) very often. I love this series! I love your raw talent, vision, and creativity. Might I add, I am so glad you write so quickly? There are few things worse than having to wait years for sequels. I am on pins and needles waiting for the next installment.

I am a voracious reader, a graphics artist, and a psych student who now has an additional favorite post-apocalyptic boogie man (well, maybe not “man”, but, you get the point) to keep me [ridiculously] busy. Congrats on your successes so far! Don’t be at all surprised to see praise coming from your contemporaries very, very soon! Keep up the brilliant work! Love the book 3 cover art. I would love to have the chance to create something for your new spy thriller or another of your books in the future! Honestly, it would be such an exciting honor!

I know that, back in the old days (you know, before digital books and Amazon), in order to get published, authors were required to have a literature or equivalent degree. Are you a college graduate? Classically trained in English/Literature?

I love Will, Danny, Carly (and the girls) and Lara. Though, I must say, Will and Danny! Sexy, confident, gun toting soldiers, oh my! Couldn’t have created them better in my dreams. The dialog between them is so realistic, so organic, do you base it on a personal relationship?

Warm regards,

Heather

• Sam February 15, 2014 at 4:57 pm

Hey, Heather, thanks for kind words and I’m glad you enjoyed the books! I already have a cover art for the spy thriller, but who knows, I might need an artist for other titles in the future.

3. Judith Diaz February 21, 2014 at 3:04 pm

Sam
    I just finised book 1 and 2, I bought 2 halfway #1. Best books I have read this year, can’t wait for the next one. I loved that in the middle of the breathstopping action Will and Danny were funny. Are you going to reveal what the ghouls are and where they came from in book# 3? I must confess I am dying to know.

4. Barbara Wilkans March 5, 2014 at 12:43 am

I really enjoyed both books. Always a moving story and the characters seemed so real, looking forward to more books, great story.

5. George B. March 5, 2014 at 1:13 pm

Terrific series, I love the books, can’t wait for the next one.

I do have a similar question to what someone else has asked earlier – why, after 8 months, aren’t our heroes doing the obvious OTHER things to kill the creatures? I can see, for example, portable UV lights – if THAT is what kills them (from book one, it seems to be), then why not find a few and run them off the car batteries? And maybe mount a few on a truck?

Also, why not silverplate a few knives or machetes and give them to the other characters? Seems a silver-plated knife is more convenient to use than a sharpened cross. Maybe aerosolized silver? (Don’t know the industrial process for it, or whether such a thing is even possible to make without electricity, but, hey, I am not the author here πŸ™‚ – I am sure, where there is a will, there is a way.) What about using a mirror to direct sunlight into a dark corner? What about wristbands with silver-plated spikes? What about C4 with powdered or pelletized silver embedded in it? There are surely lots of ways to use silver, if you don’t have to pay for it.

Another question – with everyone gone, there are surely empty military bases, like Ft. Hood, where you can get just about any amount of C4, grenades and what have you. Also, why not weld some armor plating on their vehicles? Or – even better – why not sleep in a large armored vehicle at a military base, like inside a Stryker or an MRAP (whatever its merits as a battle wagon, you can’t tell me somebody can get into a Stryker from the outside if the door is locked).

One other thing – maybe they need a real sniper rifle in their inventory, something in the .30 caliber range – I don’t think an AR-15 will be accurate enough for long-range sniper fire, particularly at moving targets, like people on boats, with or without a good scope. The caliber is too small, and the muzzle velocity is too low. I have a hard time seeing how anyone could hit a leg at several hundred yards downrange from an AR-15 when said leg is attached to a human that is on a fast-moving boat.

Finally – what happened to all the people on all the ships out at sea? A single aircraft carrier alone carries a crew of about 5000. Several are always out at sea. Not to mention other Navy ships (ours and everyone else’s). And that’s not counting commercial shipping, cruise ships… Where did they all go? Inquiring minds want to know!

Just some thoughts πŸ™‚

But I really love the series, any ETA on the next one?

6. Amber DeGrace April 11, 2014 at 8:59 am

Hi there!

I stumbled on your first book a few days ago and ate it already. Just purchased the second one last night and can’t wait to dig in. I’m a recent newcomer to these “survival” type novels, after reading “Brutal Planet” by Sean Murphy a few weeks ago. I mean, I’ve read “The Stand” about a dozen times but never ventured past that.

Call me a convert.

I may even try my hand at penning one of my own one of these days. Excellent work, sir. I’ll post a review on Amazon soon. Can’t wait for more.

Cheers!

7. M.I. April 21, 2014 at 6:04 pm

Hi Sam,

Thanks again for an excellent read. I’m looking forward to books two and three. Your style, passion and sense of urgency really comes through on the page. The book reminds me of an updated movie version of a classic film, which I loved as a kid, “Dawn of the Dead”.

As a soon to be first timer myself I have a few questions. Have you always been a writer or is this your first time out of the gate with your website and books? Books two and three were published so quickly was this something written in advance or do you just write that fast?

Thanks again,

M.I.

P.S. I’m a huge fan so per your instructions I deleted my sample of “Shadow Operators” looking forward to it in the future.

8. Stu May 1, 2014 at 10:24 am

Hello,

Just started Purge of Babylon and am really enjoying it!

Then I thought, I should tell some buddies about this book and the author.

Searched Facebook and didn’t initially find anything. I follow a few other PA authors like John O’Brian and Craig Dilouie and its a great way to network and get your work spread out to people…and a great way to interact with your audience πŸ™‚

Anyway, just a thought. You may very well have a page for yourself and the series and I just missed it, if so please excuse and forget this lol

Now back to your book.

I’ll tell you what I think when I get to the end πŸ™‚

Best Regards

Stu

• Sam May 1, 2014 at 10:32 am

Hey, Stu, thanks for reading and the recommendations!

I don’t currently have a Facebook page, and likely won’t be getting one anytime soon. As I like to tell people, I already spend too much time ignoring this blog, I don’t know where I’d find the extra time to ignore a Facebook page, too!

9. Sherry Jeffries June 1, 2014 at 5:46 pm

Just wrote a review for each book. Do I get a prize? Lol.

10. Donna Ross July 6, 2014 at 11:58 am

I love your books. Just getting ready to start The Shadow Operators. One of my favorite aspects of the Babylon books is the interactions of Will and Danny and their ‘attitude’ (I can’t think of a better word) and Danny’s bad jokes. I get so invested in the story I keep talking out loud at the book while I read.

11. Jim July 24, 2014 at 8:38 pm

Great books, Mr. Sisavath. I’m always elated to find really talented writers to add to my read list. Your ability to breathe life into your characters is amazing. Kudos, and keep up the great work.

12. Phillip B. September 29, 2014 at 2:26 pm

Hi,

I came across your first book ‘The Purge of Babylon’ in July and I must say I was hooked to your writing style right away. I’ve literally read all available books related to the “Purge series” and I can’t wait for the Fires of Atlantis to be released. Danny, Will, and now Keo are great characters who bring a fun sense of humor to the series especially a series about ‘ghouls’. Keep up the good work and please don’t stop anytime soon!

13. James September 29, 2014 at 3:25 pm

I love your books and and can’t wait for more! Would it be possible to do what Ann did up top? I would love to have all of your books autographed. I’ll pay all of the costs. Would you be willing to? Thanks! Keep writing!!

14. James September 29, 2014 at 3:26 pm

Oh! and when are the hardcover copies coming?!

15. PMDeBryan October 11, 2014 at 11:41 am

Hey I love your books! I am an indie writer and would really love to see you get yourself on Facebook. There are some really good groups that help market your work and support indie writers and their books. Your work got mentioned in the Apocalypse/Dystopian group and a reader asked me to encourage you to join. Facebook has an author page that allows you to list your books and include a short bio. If you are interested come check us out!

16. Cathy N. October 12, 2014 at 11:37 am

*cough*cough*

17. Michele Wandersee October 18, 2014 at 12:38 pm

Sam, thank you for one of the best heart pounding rides I’ve ever read! That alone gets high marks as I’m a voracious reader of this type, BUT, no other series has had me belting out laughs so loudly my coworkers laugh at me. “Get the books” I tell them! The dialogue between Danny and Will and now Keo has me chuckling even now!

Awaiting your next release in 2015!
    Michele

18. Hereogar October 21, 2014 at 1:04 am

Hello, sir.

Just finished reading Fields of Lemuria. I made the happy mistake of starting your series on book 2.

Why happy? The way it was written, with no big ol’ info dump on “what happened before” and the way you dripped in references without having to explain everything like we were idiots…

Loved it. Love the humor, the smart arse back and forthing of the chars, the chars, the story, the way the story was written.

You’re on my fav author list now.

Now I get to read the first book and find out what that idiot kid did to start the whole mess with the black vests.

• Sam October 21, 2014 at 10:00 am

Thanks Hereogar! Hope you enjoy Walls!

• Hereogar October 21, 2014 at 4:28 pm

Actually, I attempted to pull my head out enough to get a good sight picture on the series so…

I have Walls, but I decided to start at the, what I think is, the actual beginning. Hope I got it right this time.

So, I’m currently knee deep in the Purge of Babylon.

It don’t disappoint. Not even a little bitty bit.

I will get to walls. It’s already on my kindle. I’ve gotta find out what that little shit did, specifically, to start that whole kerfuffle.

19. Allison Evarts October 21, 2014 at 12:43 pm

Just finished Fires and have two things to say:

1. Thank you for the enjoyable read!
    2. MOAR!!!

20. steve October 24, 2014 at 11:06 pm

I finished Atlantis very quickly. Couldn’t put it down. I need you to kind of step up the releases. I feel having 2 at a time should be adequate. Seriously, books are amazing and I am anxiously awaiting the next installment. If you could forward the name and a rough draft, I would appreciate it. Keep it up.

21. Matt November 7, 2014 at 11:20 am

Hi Sam,

quick question. Reading Atlantis now, but what kind of book arc are we talking about here? will number 5 be the last one? or will it continue for quite a bit? Don’t get me wrong, these books are amazing, but i need to know if i will be pining for them in months/years/decades?

Thanks!

• Sam November 7, 2014 at 1:45 pm

As I finish up Book #5, I can safely say it won’t be the last one. I know how it will all end — I even have the final sequence already set in my head — and now I just have to figure out the details of getting there. The devil, as they say, is in the details.

So no set # of books, sorry.

22. Canaan November 10, 2014 at 3:23 pm

What a f’n blast!

Thank you for pouring your brain-guts onto paper for us all to enjoy!
    …well, everyone except my wife who hopes you run out of things to say so I can stop reading and actually communicate with her again!

You sir, are quite talented.

Hooray!

Stay Low, Move Fast.

23. Thorn November 15, 2014 at 10:58 pm

in the purge of Babylon, Danny and Will hide out in room 1009. is this a reference to the Rolling Stones song, “shine a light” ?

24. Thorn November 15, 2014 at 11:03 pm

Rolling Stones – Shine A Light Lyrics
    Saw you stretched out in Room Ten O Nine
    With a smile on your face and a tear right in your eye.
    Oh, couldn’t see to get a line on you, my sweet honey love.
    Berber jew’lry jangling down the street,
    Making bloodshot eyes at ev’ry woman that you meet.
    Could not seem to get a high on you, my sweet honey love.

May the good Lord shine a light on you,
    Make every song (you sing) your favorite tune.
    May the good Lord shine a light on you,
    Warm like the evening sun.

When you’re drunk in the alley, baby, with your clothes all torn
    And your late night friends leave you in the cold gray dawn.
    Just seemed too many flies on you, I just can’t brush them off.
    Angels beating all their wings in time,
    With smiles on their faces and a gleam right in their eyes.
    Whoa, thought I heard one sigh for you,
    Come on up, come on up, now, come on up now.

May the good Lord shine a light on you,
    Make every song you sing your favorite tune.
    May the good Lord shine a light on you,
    Warm like the evening sun.

25. Colleen November 26, 2014 at 10:42 am

Love your books! Was hooked with the first book which was about Keo. And then I found all the rest and read them too.

Whatever you do, please don’t kill off Will. πŸ™‚ Or Lara. Or Danny. Or Keo. Or all the rest of the characters. πŸ™‚ They’re so believable and as a reader, I found myself really wanting them to make it and survive and find a safe haven and just be S-A-F-E, you know?

Eagerly waiting for the next book. πŸ™‚ 2015 is barely bearable, but I will get by…somehow. LOL

26. Ian Soellaart December 31, 2014 at 9:06 am

Hi, Ian from Sydney, Australia. Just read all four purge books in a row on Kindle…absolutely brilliant!

It smashes the walking dead!

Can’t wait for the next installment…

Happy New Year!

27. Cathy N. December 31, 2014 at 9:26 am

Happy New Years Sam .. I hope you have a wonderful and safe New Years Eve.. and I really look forward to do a lot of Purge reading this up coming year! πŸ™‚

28. David Robertson January 22, 2015 at 7:49 pm

Hey Sam,

I read…boy do I read. Once I find an author I like, I just can’t get enough. I’ve never been a fan of zombie/horror stories at all, but I read the reviews for the Purge of Babylon and thought why not give it a try. Your characters and how you develop them, along with their interaction is fantastic! The books are about post apocalyptic earth, but really they are about survival and human interaction. Will and Danny remind me so much of how my friends and I interact that it just cracks me up!!!

I’m telling everyone about these books. I read all of them in two weeks πŸ™‚

Keep it up and thanks for all the great entertainment!

29. Joe January 30, 2015 at 4:50 pm

Sam,

Loved the first book on Audible. The story and narrator were awesome. When will the other books be released?

Joe

30. Cathy N. February 1, 2015 at 1:31 am

YEA!! .. Finally something to read ! .. Hunter Prey is now on my Kindle and fixing to go read it !

Thank you Sam!

31. Alicia March 30, 2015 at 9:04 am

Hi Sam,
    I just finished the Ashes of Pompeii. I love the series, your sarcastic sense of humor, and most of all the speed in which you pump out the books! Really, thank you so much. I have one complaint….and it’s trivial but I’ll say it anyway πŸ˜‰ Why oh why did they say “adapt or perish” literally like 25 times? I could have made a drinking game out of it lol. Similar to the earlier novels and “captain optimism” references. If you could possibly keep that in mind for the next novel, it would be much appreciated.

**SPOILER BELOW***
    Love what you did with Will, it had to eventually happen and at least he’s still not really on the “dark side”….thank you for writing such a great series! πŸ™‚

32. Damon May 5, 2015 at 12:43 am

Sam,

What would it take to get autographed copies of this amazing series? I have them all on Kindle and have been reading them as fast as you can put them out since just before Stones launched, But i would love to have signed copies on my bookshelf just in case the lights go out for good. Keep up the Amazing work and cant wait for news of Spears…

33. Kelli June 3, 2015 at 7:47 pm

Hi Sam! Just wanted to say I LOVE the Purge of Babylon Series! I started the series less then 2 weeks ago and I couldn’t put them down! I am already done, stayed up waaaaayyyyyy too late to finish them! Only problem now is I can not wait until the next book! I am obsessed and need to know now what happens next! Just wondering if you have an idea of when the next book release is?!?!? Soon I hope!!!

• Sam June 3, 2015 at 9:42 pm

Hey Kelli!

I’m thinking August at the earliest (best-case scenario), but it’s probably going to be more like September.

Thanks for reading!

34. Alison August 10, 2015 at 4:10 pm

Thank you so much for writing such an amazing set of books! The Purge of Babylon series has kept me quiet and out of mischief for the last week….have the next book on preorder and now reading Keos book 2 & 3 to keep my hand in. Crikey, its so good to find a series thats a constant page turner throughout – even if it has prompted me to move the family into a sealed room each day at sunset!

35. Stewart September 11, 2015 at 2:10 pm

Hey Sam,
    love the books! I work in a data center, and always have headphones in to keep the noise down. In order to make that a little more interesting, I’ve become addicted to audio books. Your first two books have gotten me several work days. I then saw all of the other books in the series and was very excited, until I realized that the audio book version haven’t been released yet. Is there a plan to release future audio version of the series? I’d be stoked if that’s the case!

36. O September 23, 2015 at 1:53 pm

When is the BOOK going to be available on Amazon?

37. O September 23, 2015 at 1:53 pm

When is the book going to be available on Amazon.?

38. Sarah September 23, 2015 at 2:52 pm

Excellent reads! I downloaded the Purge of Babylon onto my kindle to have something to do when work was slow. I have flown through the books. It’s gotten to the point I actually get upset when people in the office expect me to do work and keep me from reading!

I do have a question, and I apologize if this was already addressed, but have you considered a prequel from Mabry’s perspective, telling the story of how the Purge came to be? I’d love the backstory!

Looking forward to the release of Book 7! Keep β€˜em coming!

39. Tina Ingram October 1, 2015 at 11:11 pm

Thank you Sam! I have something to read! I just got the book on my Kindle, and oh boy so excited! I also can’t wait for the sequel to Hunter/Prey! Thanks Sam!

40. Cherie October 6, 2015 at 10:11 am

Sam, you are an amazing writer. These books are big screen worthy!

41. Eleanor October 7, 2015 at 10:00 pm

OK, you had me with the very first book…now, I just finished number 7 in 2 days of reading, interspersed between baking, doing research for my own articles and just general things about the house….WHEN IS NUMBER 8 COMING??? I’M DYIN’ HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

42. Rich October 27, 2015 at 12:33 am

Was just wondering if you are on Twitter? Love your books!

43. Jodi Patnoe November 11, 2015 at 11:06 pm

Hi Sam,
    I just wanted to let you know that I have NOT surmised anything. I love the characters in this series. I love Danny and Keo! I can’t see a way that the story could end even with no ghouls. Humanity will have to get back on their feet. There has to be more than one Mercer out there. I really love this series and I would love to see it continue!

44. Veronika January 7, 2016 at 5:10 am

Dear Sam, I have just started book 3 of your series and I am a huge fan! The characters are so loveable, when I read it feels like I am actually there with them. I really hope this will turn into a television series very soon, it will be a bigger success than the Walking Dead, that is for sure! I would love to know where you get your inspiration from, are the characters based on any people you met?
    Or have you been in the army? The story feels so organic and believable. I have always wanted to write but I feel after reading such amazing stories as yours my imagination is just not enough haha!
    All the best in the future and please keep them coming! πŸ™‚

45. Pat Forsythe January 8, 2016 at 7:47 am

Sam, is there another book in the Shadow Operators’s series, or another one coming? I just read it and was looking forward to MORE!

46. Toni Shepherd January 27, 2016 at 8:36 am

when will The Fires of Atlantis (Purge of Babylon #4) be available on audiobook?

• Jason February 5, 2016 at 12:21 pm

That would be great! I listen to books while walking and sure would like to have the entire series available on audible.

• Marian February 13, 2016 at 3:26 pm

That makes at least 3 of us! πŸ™‹
          Any word on “soon”??? Or is it more like when you were a kid and that’s the response from mom after you ask, “when do we go for that icecream?” (as an adult, the word I’m looking for is vague). 😁

• Sam February 13, 2016 at 3:35 pm

Heh heh. No, soon means “as soon as the narrator finishes.” Which could be this month or next month, but I don’t foresee it being longer than March at the latest. Hopefully.

• Marian February 15, 2016 at 9:51 pm

Thanks! Just finished The Fires of Atlantis. Still great reading and I can’t wait to start the next one. Keep up the goul, er, good work!

47. CATNIP March 29, 2016 at 8:38 am

Okay Sam I am impatiently waiting on number EIGHT.If I HADN’T been busy in Ireland I would be burning the comment section up on the release.And please Don’t tell me that this will be the last book.

48. robert bryant April 22, 2016 at 7:01 pm

hi sam,
    your third boob finders /keepers was awesome
    glad u have brought Lucy into the picture and always enjoy Appollo
    would be nice if u could make books a little bit longer 250 pages is too quick of a read
    anyway keep on churning them out and I will keep on getting the paperback copies
    regards,
    bob

49. Steve April 27, 2016 at 9:23 am

Hi Sam,
    Just finished Horns of Avalon – the best so far. Bl**dy excellent. Going to find it difficult to wait for the grand finale………
    Please try and keep Keo alive.

50. Larry April 27, 2016 at 6:08 pm

I am halfway through the Horns of Avalon. I was hooked on this series from book one. I hadn’t planned on reading another post apocalyptic-zombie-vampire-ghoul-whatever series, but you got me. I actually give a crap about these charactors.
    I see you’re planning on wrapping up the series with book nine. I know these are your babies, but I hope you don’t rush the ending and give us a f**ked up conclusion. I would rather buy ten books (or more) than see that happen.
    And just a note. Some of us old guys might still be kickin’ around at the end of the world.
    Love the books, good job…